Here’s a quick checklist on the rules for hand baggage:
How many bags can I take through security, and what are the size restrictions?
Airlines flying from Guernsey and Alderney Airport's have their own restrictions on weight allowance for hold and hand baggage even on some specific routes.
It’s down to you to make sure the amount of bags you take through security meets your airline’s guidelines. This means you avoid being refused entry at the boarding gate.
Aurigny's hold and luggage policies can be viewed here:
Blue Islands' hold and luggage policies can be viewed here:
Eurowings' hold and luggage policies can be viewed here:
Loganair's hold and luggage policies can be viewed here:
General baggage guidelines
- Clearly label all bags with your name and your destination address.
- Ensure you pack your own bag and do not allow anyone to tamper with it.
- Do not carry items for other people.
- Never leave bags or personal belongings unattended. Unattended bags and belongings are considered a security risk and may be removed or destroyed.
- Do not pack any sharp or restricted items in your hand luggage. Check the full guidance before you set off for the airport.
- For the latest UK Government travel advice on over 200 countries and territories, and frequently asked travel questions, please visit its website.
For frequently asked questions please see the Security FAQ page.