Aurigny appoints new marketing agency16th August 2016
Oi has been awarded the contract to refresh Aurigny’s brand, plan and implement a modern marketing strategy and redesign and manage the airline’s in-flight magazine, En Voyage. Oi will also implement a number of customer-centric and commercial marketing initiatives to make Aurigny more loved and more successful, both locally and nationally.
Malcolm Coupar, Aurigny’s Commercial Director, says: “With an impressive amount of destination marketing expertise under their belt and having worked with THAI Airways for the past 6 years, Oi had a valuable insight into the aviation industry. The company demonstrated great strategic thinking and creativity that will modernise our brand. Oi had excellent customer service improvement suggestions, they challenged our processes and highlighted ways that we can market Aurigny in a more progressive manner.” He continues: “We’re excited about our new partnership with Oi and we look forward to working with their team to make the Aurigny brand even more successful.”
Aurigny has also decided to award Oi the contract for the redesign, build and management of its website - aurigny.com - following a separate pitch process against local, UK and European agencies. The decision was based on Oi’s significant digital expertise and track record, including designing and building the THAI Airways UK & Ireland website and the agency’s ideas to reshape and refine aurigny.com.
“When we were invited to pitch for the Aurigny account we knew that it was a client that we wanted to work with. The airline industry is dynamic, full of challenges and Aurigny, as the island’s flag carrier, is a local brand with great potential,’ said Peter Grange, Oi’s Chief Executive Officer. This is definitely a career high and we’re relishing the opportunity of influencing and improving hundreds of thousands of peoples’ travelling experiences to and from Guernsey.”
- Aurigny is 100% owned by Guernsey’s government, the States of Guernsey. It flies six times a day from Guernsey to London Gatwick and five at weekends. It’s the only airline to link the island of Alderney with Guernsey and Southampton. Aurigny flies to thirteen destinations in the UK, Channel Islands and Europe, eight of which are year round routes.
- Aurigny operates a fleet comprising one Embraer 195 jet, two ATR 72-500s, one ATR 72-200, one ATR 42-500, three Dornier 228s and three Britten-Norman Trislanders. The company employs more than 250 people full time, mainly in Guernsey, but with a significant base in Alderney and an operation in Southampton.
- In March 2018 Aurigny will celebrate 50 years in business.
- Established in 2004, Oi has become the leading Channel Islands marketing communications agency, now employing 30 staff across Guernsey, Jersey and London. The full-service agency has also created a niche in the international travel and tourism sectors, achieving significant success for Channel Island and global brands.
- Oi has been Visit Jersey’s campaign agency since spring 2015. Its work has helped increase visitor numbers from January to April 2016 by 9% compared to the same period in 2015. Nearly 66,000 people visited Jersey in the first three months of 2016, the highest number for almost a decade. The agency recently launched Visit Jersey’s new brand via a major national summer predominantly digital marketing campaign, incorporating 360° videos and virtual reality, which is already showing very strong results.
- Oi has worked with THAI Airways UK & Ireland since 2010 providing full creative and digital services for the airline that generates over £100m a year.
- Oi won a 2016 global platinum creative award for its effectiveness in launching Taj Hotels London in 2015 and continues to be the luxury Indian hotel group’s retained full-service UK marketing agency.
- Oi is the creative and digital agency for the 5-star Shangri-La Hotel at The Shard, London. It helped launch the luxury hotel in 2014 and continues to be the agency of choice for the global brand in the UK.
- Oi recently won a global pitch and is now working on the launch of Milaidhoo, one of the top luxury Maldivian island resorts, which opens in November 2016.
Oi is an accredited Google Partner, has been a CPD Accredited agency of the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising (IPA) since 2010 and won the Marketing Team of the Year Award at the 2015 Channel Island Chartered Institute of Marketing Awards.