Christmas Security Regulations1st December 2015
During the busy festive season, knowing what is allowed and what is not allowed before you travel - will save you time and inconvenience and make your journey more enjoyable.
- Wrapped Christmas presents are not exempt from the current aviation security measures, and are subject to searching and screening measures by Guernsey Airport security staff.
- We advise that passengers travel with gifts un-wrapped in their hand baggage. Wrapped presents should be put in checked-in luggage.
- Wrapped presents in liquid form (e.g. perfume or alcohol) measuring up to 100ml will be opened during security screening. Any liquid gifts measuring over 100ml must be place in check-in luggage.
- Any gifts that are carried in your hand baggage MUST be un-wrapped. Any wrapped presents will be opened during Alderney Airport security screening.
Party Poppers and Sparklers
- Party poppers and sparklers are not permitted to be carried in your hand luggage or checked-in luggage.
- Aurigny, Blue Islands and Flybe all allow Christmas crackers to be carried in your checked-in luggage, but this is restricted to one sealed box of 12 crackers per passenger.