Guernsey travellers to benefit from improved London links thanks to cost effective Blue Islands Fly / Rail initiative30th August 2018
Blue Islands is bringing back its popular fly / rail service which will give Guernsey residents and business travellers easier, stress-free access to central London via Southampton. The locally-owned airline has partnered with South Western Railway, the new train operator on the Southampton Airport Parkway to London Waterloo route, to resurrect the popular link between plane and train to central London via Southampton Airport. An exclusive, heavily discounted special rail fair of £36 anytime return is now available for Blue Islands customers making it a cost-effective alternative to current options.
Guernsey residents can now enjoy a regular service into the heart of London, thanks to the high frequency of flights and trains:
- Up to four Guernsey - Southampton services per day
- Direct trains to London Waterloo up to four times per hour
- The station is a short walk across the road from the airport; previously a favoured route for Islanders
- Passengers can avoid the crowds and busy trains at Gatwick and enjoy WiFi on most trains; and prepare for the working day ahead, or simply keep up-to-date on social media
- Arriving in London Waterloo, it's one stop to Bank and the City, meaning the service is perfect for Guernsey’s business community
Blue Islands has successfully renegotiated the fly / rail partnership, following the introduction of a new rail service operator. Rob Veron, Blue Islands CEO commented: “There is an over-reliance on Gatwick as the access point to London from Guernsey, as such Blue Islands is delighted to be able to offer this service to Guernsey residents and we hope customers old and new enjoy the return of this excellent stress-free route to central London. Southampton Airport is far smaller than Gatwick meaning our customers can breeze through the airport and be on a train to London in as little as 99 steps.”
Trains from Southampton Airport Parkway to London Waterloo have a journey time of just over one hour. Standard anytime return train tickets are fixed at £36 return, while a first-class anytime return train ticket is only £61. With Guernsey – Southampton air fares from £39.99 one way, and return train at £36, Islanders can combine air and rail for return travel from Guernsey to central London from £115.98.
Picture: Network Rail.
For more information and to book train tickets see: https://www.blueislands.com/train