Flybe announces extensive 2016 summer schedule13th November 2015
Flybe, Europe’s largest regional airline, has put on sale its 2016 Summer schedule featuring 143 routes, 17 of which are brand new and, with a special focus on enhancing regional services for its time-sensitive business customers, adding daily frequencies on 20 key established routes.
In listening to what its customers want, Flybe has re-timed many of its key services and added 220 extra weekly flights on its most popular routes serving the four primary Scottish airports, Belfast City, Birmingham, London City, Manchester and Southampton as well as European hub airports such as Amsterdam, Dublin and in Germany. This is to ensure that Flybe customers have more flight time choices on these routes and are able to fly at the times most convenient for them. The changes are also to ensure that when customers are time sensitive, such as when travelling on business, they are be able to make use of a full day and still return home in time for dinner.
In total, passengers have a choice of over 3,000 flights a week to an extensive range of attractive destinations across the UK and regional Europe.
Tickets are available for booking now at www.flybe.com with one way fares from £24.99 including taxes and charges and currently available for travel from 27th March through to 30th September, 2016.
Eight of the new routes announced will operate from the airline’s recently announced expanded presence at Doncaster Sheffield Airport from where it will base two 118-seat Embraer 195 jet aircraft. Frequent services to Alicante, Amsterdam, Berlin, Jersey, Malaga, Faro, Newquay and Paris Charles de Gaulle will provide time saving travel and begin enhancing greater connectivity for the people of South Yorkshire and surrounding area.
In addition, Newquay, Norwich and Exeter travellers will benefit from the deployment of faster, 2x2 seat EJet aircraft to operate new routes and add seat capacity on existing ones to meet increased regional passenger demand. By way of example, there will be an additional 1,520 seats a week available on Flybe’s popular three times a day service between Newquay and London Gatwick airports.
Highlights of Flybe's 2016 summer schedule
- 143 routes offering total choice of up to 3,150 flights a week, including:
- 18 brand new routes from:
- ABERDEEN to Newquay (Sat during peak summer)
- BIRMINGHAM to Knock (daily) and Rotterdam (2xdaily) Cardiff to Verona (Sat)
- DONCASTER SHEFFIELD to Alicante (Tues/Fri/Sun); Amsterdam (daily); Berlin (Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun); Jersey (daily); Malaga (Mon/Wed/Sat); Faro (Thurs/Sat); Newquay (Tues/Thurs/Sat) and Paris Charles de Gaulle (13xflights p/w)
- EDINBURGH to Knock (daily exc Sat)
- LONDON CITY to Paris Charles de Gaulle (weekdays) and Rennes (daily exc Sat during peak summer)
- NORWICH to Alicante (Tues/Fri) and Malaga (Mon/Thurs)
- Three new 2015-16 Winter routes operating for the first time next summer: Edinburgh to Liverpool: Manchester – Rotterdam and Southampton - Dusseldorf
- Newquay – London Gatwick: up to extra 1,520 seats a week on upgraded service with 118-seat E-195 jet replacing 78-seat Q400 turboprop
- Increased frequency on 20 additional routes to enhance business passenger demand
- One way fares from £24.99 including taxes and charges
Details of schedules at www.flybe.com
Paul Simmons, Flybe’s Chief Commercial Officer comments: "Our main focus in creating next summer’s schedule has been not only to introduce new routes but, just as importantly, to further increase the frequency of our flights on many of our most established business routes. We have done this to enhance our appeal to those whose travel is especially time-sensitive."
"Flybe offers great value fares and a convenient, fast, reliable service as well providing a wealth of opportunities for onward connections from regional airports. Through our many codeshare, interline and franchise partners, our customers have even more travel choices, extending further our reach across Europe and the rest of the world."